Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wicked Wednesday Quickie Review - A Vampire's Kiss: Book One of the Manigault Vampires by Laura Stamps


Wicked Wednesday Quickie Review is a weekly post where I feature ebooks that tend to be around 50,000 words or less that are quick and usually naughty reads I love.

GoodReads blurb: Sara Gadsden is a Wiccan Green Witch addicted to paranormal romance novels and their gorgeous vampire heroes. Like most people, she has no idea vampires actually exist until she meets Drayton Manigault at a Samhain party. Dray is not only one of Columbia's wealthiest businessmen, but he's also been a vampire for the last 145 years. Oh, and he's totally yummy. When Dray offers Sara a job working for his computer company, Manigault Technologies, fantasy collides with reality, and Sara's future is suddenly transformed into one wild, smokin' HOT ride!

This first installment of Laura Stamps new serialized erotic romance novel is a delicious tease that will leave you panting for more. In this installment Sara, a Wiccan witch with little filter between her naughty thoughts and her mouth, meets Dray at a Samhain party. Lucky for Sara, Dray is dressed up as one of her favorite fictional characters - a vampire. Though it sounds like Dray has enough smokin' hot sensuality and long black hair to naturally fit the vampire persona without wearing the costume. As their initial meeting at the party translates to lunch the next day - the sparks do fly between these too. Sara is a lusty witch who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to show it. A very admirable characteristic since it leads to getting to know Dray a little better. I'm looking forward to the next installment of this series since we only get to view the first three chapters here - it can only get steamier! 

I received this first volume of the Manigault Vampires series from the author, Laura Stamps, for free and the lusty views I express about the book are my own. The Manigault Vampires is published monthly by Kittyfeather Press.  For more information go to http://www.avampskiss.blogspot.com or email laura@laurastamps.com or visit her on twitter @SexWitch

So the wicked question of the week is: Which book features your favorite seduction scene that includes costumes?

7 comments:

Smokinhotbooks said...

do you think it's weird that this ebook is sold in chapters? I saw that on another blogger's post and it had me going hmmmm.

PS I love your Wicked Wednesdays

Sarah said...

I can't wait to read the next installment of this book!! There is fab chemistry between Sara & Dray so I'm looking forward to reading more. Boy is Dray a hottie LOL!!

I've added your link to my review :o)

Heather (DarklyReading) said...

@Smokinhotbooks - it is different - I kinda like it though, every month you get a sexy snippet in your inbox..but if you need the instant gratification of reading a whole book at once (which I do sometimes) then it might not work for you...

@bookaholic ;)

@Sarah - Thx for linking the review! Yeah I'm looking forward to the next snippet - this one left off at a very key moment ;)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Hey Heather!

I'm trying this again because obviously I failed the first time!

Off topic: But would you consider signing up at FeedBurn to add the option for e-mail subscriptions to your blog. I have you on my reader, but I always forget to check it and when I do it is quite overwhelming.

Thanks,
Missie

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Thank You!

Heather (DarklyReading) said...

@Missie - no prob! I'm glad you mentioned it so now I have the added way to sign up for my blog :)

Juli D. Revezzo said...

This sounds like a great read--thanks! must say, I'm curious about a serialized e-book too.

My favorite seduction scene, huh? Well, would have to be the one between Rion and Melissa in the opening of Susan Kearney's Rion. ;)
Vixen
Vixen Reviews
http://flipromance.blogspot.com/

Cafe Pearl
http://julismapsroom.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment